Apple, Elderflower and Blackberry Pies Recipe
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious apple, elderflower and blackberry pie recipe for a tasty sweet treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and served with warm cream.
- 2 Jus-Rol™ Frozen Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1.5kg Cooking apples, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 454g Blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp Elderflower cordial
- Grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 225g Caster sugar
- Further caster sugar for dredging
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Pie Dish
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Mix the prepared apples and blackberries in a bowl with the lemon juice and rind, sugar and cordial.
- Divide between 12 individual pie or other ovenproof dishes.
- Cut 6 x 5-6″ discs from each pastry sheet. Brush dish rims with water and top each with the pastry discs, pressing edges firmly and fluting if desired.
- Brush tops with water or milk and make a small hole in centre of each. If desired use pastry trimmings for decorations. Brush again and then scatter with caster sugar. Bake for approx. 15 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream.