20 minutes bake time
This delicious and simple recipe heralds from the South-West of France. It is simple to do and is an easy treat to whip up! Find out more here.
- Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 20 g butter, melted
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Baking paper
- Sharp knife
- Baking tray
- Plastic film
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted) Gas 6.
- Remove pastry from the carton and allow it to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and brush with a thin layer of melted butter, then sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Tightly roll the pastry horizontally, then wrap in cling film and place in the freezer for approx. 45 minutes or until firm enough to slice thinly.
- Remove the pastry from the freezer and cut slices to approx. 0.5cm thick.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the slices of pastry into a large oval shape to 2mm thick and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Place them on a lined baking tray (our pastry sheets are rolled with baking paper ready for you to use). Place another piece of baking paper over the top of the pastry and then a light ovenproof tray on top to prevent them from rising. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden and caramelized on the bottom side then flip and bake for a further 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve with your favourite ice-cream, fruit or coffee. Enjoy!
- Can be stored in an airtight container.