Roasted Butternut Squash & Vegetable Jalousie
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for roasted butternut squash and vegetable jalousie – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry and perfect for winter nights.
- 1 x 640g Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 3 medium mixed coloured peppers deseeded & cut into chunks
- 2 medium red onions cut into wedges
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 courgette thickly sliced
- half butternut squash (400g) cut lengthways into 6, peeled
- 2tbsp oil for drizzling
- A few rosemary sprigs
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Sharp knife
- Pastry Brush
- Vegetable peeler
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180º for fan assisted ovens)/400ºF/ Gas M6.
- Place prepared vegetables on large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and scatter with rosemary and salt & pepper to season. Roast for 15-18 minutes or until just tender. Allow to cool. Increase oven temperature to 220ºC (200º for fan assisted ovens)/425ºF/ Gas M7.
- Unroll the pastry sheets and lay one on a lined baking sheet. Place the vegetables on pastry in an even layer leaving a border of approx. 1.25cm/½” all round.
- Fold the second pastry sheet in half down its length and using a sharp knife make cuts down the folded side, at 90º to the edge towards the opposite side, BUT leave a border of 1.2,5cm/½” down that side and at the short ends.
- Brush base pastry border with beaten egg, open out second pastry sheet and lay over base, press edges together, trim off with a sharp knife and knock up edges to seal well. Brush top with beaten egg and scatter over a little more rosemary. Bake for 20 -25 minutes until risen and golden brown.