Cheesy Croissant Ghosts
8 minutes bake time
These ghosts are so cute and tasty, they’ll be the first at the party or dinner table to disappear!
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- 200g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- Assorted sliced olives and chiles, as desired
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
- Cooling Rack
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking paper.
- On cutting board, unroll dough; separate into 6triangles.Cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles making 24 triangles in total. Shape each as needed to look like ghost shape. Arrange triangles on baking sheets, folding narrow point under about 1/ 2 inch, to form head of ghost.
- Bake about 5-7 minutes or until slightly puffed and just beginning to brown. Sprinkle each ghost with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with sliced olives and chillies to form eyes and mouths.
- Cook 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, in 1 tablespoon butter, and brush over dough before topping with cheese.
- Be creative and use what you have on hand to add mouths and eyes to the ghosts – nuts, pickles or cut-up tomato will all work.