Chicken & Sweetcorn Sausage Rolls
Who doesn’t love a sausage roll!? Whether it’s for a picnic, party or playdate, my take on the classic might just be your new sausage roll go to!
You can swap chicken for beef mince or your family’s favourite plant-based alternative.
And if you can’t get hold of chicken mince then you can use breast or thigh meat. Simply add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and blitz!
- 250g minced chicken
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 1/2 carrot peeled and grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 100g sweetcorn
- 2 teaspoon’s thyme, chopped
- 1 x 1375g Ready Roll Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix the mince chicken, cheese, carrot, sweetcorn, spring onions, thyme and yolk together in a bowl.
- Unroll the pastry and brush with beaten egg. Place 1/3 of the mixture in a row about 2 cm inside the pastry along the short side. Fold over the pastry and seal the edge.
- Trim and crimp the edge with a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling to make 3 long logs shapes.
- Slice each one into 6 pieces. Brush with egg. Roll out any trimming and stamp out small star shapes. Stick the stars to the pastry.
- Reheat an air fryer to 180 Bake setting. Add the rolls and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp.