Chocolate & Salted Caramel Tart
25 minutes bake time
Indulgent chocolate heaven, everything you need from a tart!
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 350g Dark chocolate
- 400ml Double cream
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 honeycomb chocolate bar, crushed
- 35xm x 10cm fluted tart tin
- Baking Beans
- Wire rack
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6
- Roll the pastry in between two sheets of greaseproof paper to 3mm thickness and transfer into the fluted tart tin. Gently prick the base and cover with one sheet of baking paper, fill with baking beans and blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and paper, brush with beaten egg and return to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens) Gas Mark 4.
- Meanwhile melt 25g of the butter with the chocolate in a Pyrex bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once the chocolate has melted and cooled slightly fold in 250ml of the cream. Then pour the chocolate into the pastry shell and chill for 4 hours.
- To make the salted caramel, melt the remaining butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat. Once dissolved add the remaining cream stirring constantly to mix. Finally add the salt and stir. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- To serve drizzle some of the salted caramel over the tart and sprinkle with crushed honeycomb.
- Leftover salted caramel can be stored in lidded jar and kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.