Courgette, Tomato and Cheese Slice
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious vegetarian courgette, tomato and cheese slice recipe for a flavour filled lunch or dinner option. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Puff Pastry sheet 625g
- 8 Medium sized red onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 Good sized courgettes, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- 780g Grated cheddar, or similar
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Pastry Brush
- Parchment Paper
- Griddle pan
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Gently sauté the onions until tender. Allow to cool.
- Cut the pastry sheet in half across its length to give two oblong pieces and place on a baking sheet.
- Scatter the onions between the two pastry sheets, leaving a border around the edge of each.
- On one sheet, lay courgette and halved tomato slices on top of the onions, overlapping in a row to one short side.
- Place the grated cheese along the side in a similar width row, and continue until the onions are covered.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese and vegetables on the second pastry sheet.
- Brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve by cutting each slice into 12 and serve with salad.