Gary’s Sumptuous Sausage Rolls
20 minutes bake time
Pork sausage rolls are classic party food, bring back the trend with Jus-Rol ready to use Puff Pastry Sheet. Follow the recipe or whip up your own filling!
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 350g pork sausage meat
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C in a fan oven)/Gas mark 7.
- Mix the sausage meat, apple, onion and sage together in a bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut in half lengthways. Brush each half with 1 tbsp of Hoisin sauce to within 1cm of the bottom of the long side.
- Divide the sausage meat mixture in half, place down the centre of each length of pastry in a sausage shape. Bring the top pastry edge over the filling, brush the bottom edge with the beaten egg and roll up so the seam is on the under-side. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut each sausage roll into 4 even lengths and make 3 cuts across the top surface of each roll with a knife. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another 4 sausage rolls.
- Place on a baking tray, brush with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the box approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold in a lunchbox the next day.
- If you roll the puff pastry sheet with a rolling pin, you will compress the carefully constructed layers and your puff pastry won't rise as much. If you need to stretch the pastry sheet, do it gently with your hands.
- Off cuts are great for making tasty cheese straws.