Delicious Vegetable Filo Tart
20 minutes bake time
Enjoy the taste of fresh vegetables on a buttery filo crust. This dish is sure to be a hit at your dinner table or just right for that light lunch!
- 1 x 270g Jus-Rol Filo Pastry sheets
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 100g good quality tomato pasta sauce (stir in sauce)
- 75g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven) Gas mark 4
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, add the peppers, onions and courgettes and cook over a medium/high heat for 6-8 minutes, until starting to colour. Set aside to cool.
- Lay a sheet of filo on a clean work surface and brush with melted butter, lay a second sheet on top and brush with melted butter. Lay the section of filo inside a 23cm flan tin, allowing it to overhang by 3cm. Take another 2 sheets of filo and repeat the process twice, putting them in the tin in the opposite direction, so their points are off set, pushing into the edges as you go. Brush the final sheet of filo with melted butter, fold in half and lay in the tin. (Cover the filo with a clean, damp tea towel until you are ready to use it, to prevent the filo from drying out).
- Mix the vegetables with the pasta sauce and pour into the pastry case, sprinkle over the Parmesan and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the filo is lightly golden and the filling is hot.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can make one large tart, or individual tarts for an impressive dinner party dish!
- A variety of veg work well in this recipe – garlicky mushrooms, baby spinach and colourful peppers would be delicious with blue cheese crumbled over the top!