Lazy Sunday Banoffee Pie
20 minutes bake time
Keep Sunday’s deliciously lazy with this simple banoffee pie recipe – a dessert showstopper. A golden shortcrust pastry base with gooey sweet caramel, cream, banana and chocolate. Divine!
- 1 x 320g pack ready rolled Jus-Rol™ Shortcrust Pastry
- 397g can Condensed milk – Caramel or dulce de leche
- 4-5 small bananas, cut into 2cm wide diagonal slices
- 300ml double cream, whisked to soft peaks
- 50g milk or dark chocolate, grated
- Tart Tin
- Baking Beans
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted oven)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry and line an 18-20cm tart tin – don’t trim off the excess pastry, as it will shrink a little when it cooks.
- Line with baking paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15 mins.
- Remove the beans and paper and return the pastry to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Trim off any excess pastry.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Spoon the caramel condensed milk into the cooled pastry case, top with the bananas and the whisked cream. Decorate with the grated chocolate.
- Chill before serving!