Meatball Mummy Croissant Bites
Serve up these scary meatballs for Halloween! Wrap Jus-Rol™ Croissants dough around this classic appetiser to create a fun, festive dish you can make with the kiddos. Our Halloween meatball recipe is oven-ready in just 15 minutes, and it’s always a hit. Upgrade your frozen meatball appetiser recipe and serve up these holiday-inspired bites instead.
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- 24 cooked meatballs (cold)
- Ketchup or mustard, if desired
- Marinara sauce, as desired
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
- Cooling Rack
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 3 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- With knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle widthwise into 16 pieces, making a total of 48 pieces of dough.
- Wrap 2 pieces of dough around each meatball to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to cover meatballs.
- Separate “bandages” near 1 end to show meatball “face.” Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and meatballs are hot. With ketchup and mustard, draw “eyes” on mummy bites. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
- Serve Mummy Meatballs with toothpicks, making them easy to grab and eat, especially for tiny hands.