- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas M7.
- Unroll pastry sheet and cut into 12 equal squares. Brush each square lightly with egg white, and then press each into tin.
- Roll marzipan into 12 small balls and place one in base of each pastry case, top with a teaspoonful of mincemeat and pull corners together again loosely over the top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and puffed. Remove from tins to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve if desired.
If desired just before end of cooking brush again with beaten egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar, pop back in oven for 2 minutes to set sugar.