30 minutes bake time
Goodness of earthy mushrooms & onions with a hint of white wine to balance the flavours. Easily a dream at your dinner table!
- 1 x 375g Jus-Rol Puff pastry sheet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 50ml white wine
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 200g soft cheese
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and line a shallow flan tin, approximately 20cm in diameter. Trim off the excess pastry.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large sauté pan, add the mushrooms and a generous sprinkling of salt and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes, until they are a rich golden colour. Add the wine and boil to reduce for 1 minute. Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the onions and cook over a medium/high heat for 4-5 minutes, until starting to colour. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute, being careful that it doesn’t brown as it will taste bitter.
- Combine the soft cheese, eggs and mustard in a bowl and pour into the tart case. Scatter the mushrooms, onions and cherry tomatoes on top.
- Bake in the oven on a preheated heavy baking sheet for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and golden and the filling is just set. Serve warm.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold!
- Shitake mushrooms would work really well in this recipe; they have a great flavour and are really good for you too!