Parmesan and Pesto Puff Twists
14 -15 large, 28-30 small
10 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for cheese and pesto puff twists – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry sheets.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ All Butter Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 Egg, beaten to glaze
- 30g Nuts, chopped
- 60g Emmental cheese, finely grated
- Pinch of rock salt
- Baking tray
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry Brush
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 7
- Unroll pastry sheet and glaze well with the beaten egg. Scatter the chopped nuts, ¾ of the cheese and a sprinkling of salt evenly over the sheet, right to the edges.
- Using the flat of your hand press gently down on the ingredients to help them to stick to the pastry. Using a sharp knife cut the pastry sheet into 14 – 15 strips starting at one of the shorter sides. NB if you prefer half length twists, cut the sheet in half across its length before cutting the strips.
- Pick up one strip of pastry between the thumb and forefinger of each hand and twist the ends in opposite directions so that the strip itself twists. Place the strip onto the baking sheet and press the 2 ends lightly down to keep its shape during baking. Repeat with all remaining strips. (You may need to use 2 baking trays)
- Bake for approx. 10 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and scatter over the remaining cheese so that it melts onto the hot twists.
- Serve warm or cold.