Pesto and Roasted Vegetable Puff Rounds
15 minutes bake time
Find out how to make pesto and roasted vegetable puff rounds with this easy recipe – Jus-Rol’s puff pastry, roasted vegetables, pesto and crumbled feta.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry block
- 4tsp pesto
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 30ml olive oil, for drizzling
- 100g feta cheese crumbled
- thyme to garnish
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted) 425ºF/Gas M7.
- Lay vegetable pieces on a baking sheet, drizzle lightly with oil and roast for approx. 15 minutes until just tender.
- Cut pastry into 4 even quarters, roll out each to a disc approx 6”/ 15cm in diam. ( use a saucer or small tea-plate as a guide to cut round.
- Place the pastry discs onto a lined baking sheet and spread with pesto leaving a border all round. Top with roasted vegetables and feta, brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 12 – 14 minutes until pastry risen and golden. Serve with a sprinkling thyme leaves.
- For a quick timesaver use ready roasted vegetables that have been cooled.