Pigs in Blankets Annabel Karmel
12 pigs in blankets
25 minutes bake time
This pigs in blankets recipe is a great one to keep up your sleeve to use up any leftover puff pastry. With a flavourful sausage filling wrapped in bacon & topped off with crispy puff pastry layer, they make for the perfect bite-size morsel.
- 12 raw cocktail sausages
- 3 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 x 320g packet Ready Roll Pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 200 Fan.
- Put the bacon on a board. Using the back of a knife, stretch the bacon to make the rashers longer. Slice each one into four.
- Wrap the sausages in the bacon.
- Unwrap the pastry and brush half of it with beaten egg. Slice 6 thin strips widthways, then slice each strip in half, so you have 12 strips.
- Wrap the strips of pastry around the sausages (you will need to stretch the pastry slightly) and brush with extra beaten egg and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.