Smoked Salmon and Asparagus
20 minutes bake time
Smoky salmon with asparagus with the perfect blend of pesto on a bed of golden puff pastry sheet. Dinner time perfection anyone?
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 180g ricotta cheese
- 1 tblsp green pesto
- 200g smoked salmon
- 120g ‘fine’ asparagus, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C for fan assisted/ Gas 7
- Unroll the pastry, cut in half lengthways, cut each half into 3 and carefully place on a lined baking tray. Using a sharp knife, score a boarder around each piece of pastry, approximately 1cm wide, use a fork to prick the area inside the boarder.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes – if the middle of each tart has risen, simply press down with a palette knife, or similar.
- Combine the ricotta and pesto before dividing the mixture between the pastry cases. Divide the salmon and asparagus between the pastry cases and return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the salmon is cooked and the pastry is lightly golden and crisp.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold!
- Instead of pesto, you can mix the ricotta with an egg and the zest of a lemon.
- If you can’t find ‘fine’ asparagus, simply use regular asparagus - cook in boiling water for 2 minutes before refreshing under cold water, drain and then use in your tart cases with the smoked salmon.