Summer Fruit and Orange Tart
40 minutes bake time
Try this delicious summer fruit and orange tart recipe. Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, with crème fraiche, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
- 1 x 500g Block Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry
- 3 eggs
- 135g caster sugar
- Juice and rind of 2 oranges
- 125ml double cream
- 225g strawberries -hulled
- 75-100g raspberries
- 75-100g blueberries
- icing sugar for dredging
- Rolling Pin
- 23 cm 9inch Round flan tin
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C for fan assisted ovens/ 400°F/Gas M6
- Roll out pastry large enough to line a 23cm/9″ flan tin.
- Bake blind for approx. 18 minutes, removing beans and paper for final 5-7 minutes. Reduce oven temp. to 160°C/325°F/ Gas M 3
- Meanwhile whisk eggs and sugar together until pale, whisk in the finely grated rind and juice of the oranges. In a separate bowl lightly whip the cream until just holding in peaks, then gently whisk into the egg mixture.
- Cut half the strawberries into quarters or 6ths depending on size and scatter over base of flan. Gently pour in the egg mixture into flan and return to the oven to bake for 35- 40 minutes until ‘custard’ is just set. Remove and cool.
- To serve – scatter remaining fruit (quarter the strawberries if desired) over top and dredge with icing sugar.
- Variation – In the early part of the year substitute rhubarb for the berry fruit. Use 400g rhubarb, washed and cut into short lengths. Combine prepared rhubarb with 75g/3oz caster sugar and place in an ovenproof dish, covered. Bake in oven at the same time as the flan case, stirring once or twice and cook until just al dente. Drain off juices (keep these to serve with flan) and scatter approx. one third of fruit over flan base before adding the egg mixture. Finally scatter over the remaining fruit once cooked