Tomato and Red Pepper Puff Fingers
12 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for tomato and red pepper puff fingers scattered with basil leaves – made using Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry sheets.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 4tsp sun dried tomato paste
- Half a red pepper cut into strips
- 8-10 cherry tomato cut into quarters you can also use baby plum tomatoes
- A little olive oil for drizzling
- 50g walnut pieces roughly chopped
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- A few basil Leaves to garnish
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Pastry cutters
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted) 425ºF/Gas M7.
- Unroll pastry sheet and cut into 4 equal strips. Lay pastry pieces on a lined baking sheet and spread 1 tsp. sun dried tomato paste down centre of each, leaving a good border all round.
- Top each with the tomato quarters and pepper strips, drizzle a very little oil over vegetables, brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, scatter with basil leaves before serving.