George’s Rocket Pizza
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious rocket pizza recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s Light Puff Pastry sheet.
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Light Puff Pastry sheet
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 150 g goats' cheese roll, chilled
- Handful rocket
- Frying pan
- Baking tray
- Rolling pin
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C in a fan oven)/Gas mark 7.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, stir in the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the honey and oregano, mix well and cool.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut out a 23 cm (9in) circle. Place on a baking tray, prick the pastry all over with a fork and chill in the refrigerator.
- Scatter the onions over the pastry and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Slice the goat's cheese into thin slices. Remove the pizza from the oven and arrange the goats' cheese slices over the top. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the pastry is crisp.
- Scatter the rocket over the top, cut into-slices and serve.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the box approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold in a lunchbox the next day.
- For a super quick short cut, use a good quality onion marmalade instead of the onions and honey!
- If you roll the puff pastry sheet with a rolling pin, you will compress the carefully constructed layers and your puff pastry won’t rise as much. If you need to stretch the pastry sheet, do it gently with your hands.