Makes 12 Servings
20 minutes bake time
Fresh king prawns in flavorful garlic with fresh parsley. Made with Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet.
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- Small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 165g jumbo raw King prawns
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C in a fan oven)/Gas mark 7. Mix the butter, garlic and parsley in a bowl and set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut into 3, widthways. Cut each strip in half, horizontally and then cut each rectangle in half diagonally, so you have 12 triangles.
- Sit a pastry triangle in front of you, with the shortest side closest to you. Divide the garlic butter between the pastry triangles, placing a small amount 1cm up from the shortest side (closest to you).
- Lay a prawn on top of the butter, horizontally and roll the pastry over the prawn to the top, pressing the top point securely underneath, so they don’t unravel during cooking. Repeat with the remaining pastry and prawns.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the prawns are pink and cooked and the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the box approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold!
- If you roll the puff pastry sheet with a rolling pin, you will compress the carefully constructed layers and your puff pastry won't rise as much. If you need to stretch the pastry sheet, do it gently with
- Off cuts are great for making tasty cheese straws.
- These tasty treats are delicious served with sweet chilli dipping sauce!
- If you have 3 guests for dinner, why not serve 3 per person (that’s 4 people in total ) with a fresh rocket salad!