Quick Tomato Puffs
12 minutes bake time
Find out how to make quick tomato puffs with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry sheets, they’re great for parties and picnics.
- 2 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- 3-4 tbsp pesto
- 9 large (not beef) tomatoes, sliced in half horizontally
- Olive oil to drizzle
- 10 Basil leaves, shredded to serve
- 6 cm 2 and half inches pastry cutter
- Baking Sheet
- Greaseproof paper
- Pastry Brush
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted)/425ºF/Gas 7.
- Using the pastry cutter, cut 9 discs from each pastry sheet and lay on a baking sheet. Brush edges with beaten egg and place a little pesto on the centre of each.
- With a sharp knife cut a cross in cut surface of each tomato and 4 more cuts radiating out from centre.
- Season well, drizzle with a little olive oil and place one half, cut side up on each pastry disc.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until pastry risen and golden.
- Serve warm or cold, scattered with a few basil leaves.