Tomato, Red Onion and Thyme Puff Slice
30 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for tomato, red onion and thyme puff slice – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry sheets.
- 1 x Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 3 tbsp pesto red or green
- 1 red onion cut into thin wedges
- 4-5 tomato sliced
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- A few leaves thyme to garnish
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Tin
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC for fan assisted ovens)/Gas M7
- Unroll pastry sheet onto a lined baking tin and spread the pesto over top leaving a border all round so the pastry can puff up. Brush border with beaten egg.
- Top with overlapping tomato and onion slices, drizzle vegetables with a very little oil and scatter with a few thyme leaves. Bake for 20 minutes until borders have risen and are golden. Scatter with remaining thyme and serve.