Tomato and Tapenade Puff Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Keep it simple with this easy recipe for tomato and tapenade puff tarts – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry and best served with green salad.
- 1 x 500g block Jus-Rol™ All butter puff pastry thawed
- 4tbsp tapenade
- 6-7 firm but ripe tomatoes sliced
- Salt & black pepper
- Beaten egg to glaze
- A little olive oil and a few basil or thyme leaves for garnish
- A few fresh basil Leaves
- Baking paper
- Baking Sheet
- 15cm plate
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted)/425ºF/Gas 7.
- Divide the pastry into four equal quarters, roll out each one just large enough to cut out a 15 cm/6” disc.
- Place discs on a lined baking sheet, spread 1 tbsp. tapenade in centre of each leaving approx. a 1 cm/ ½” border all round. Cover with overlapping slices of tomato and season lightly. Brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry risen and golden brown.
- Scatter with shredded basil or thyme leaves and drizzle with a little olive oil just before serving.