Salmon, Prawn and Tomato Pies
20 minutes bake time
Find out how to make salmon, prawn and tomato pies with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry and ready in just 30 minutes.
- 1 x 500g Block Jus-Rol™ All butter puff pastry
- 150g salmon, skin removed
- 150g large cooked prawns
- 2 tomato, diced
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- Salt & black pepper
- A few drops of tabasco sauce
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Sesame seeds to garnish, if desired
- Rolling Pin
- Palette Knife
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200ºC, (180ºC for fan assisted), 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
- Cut salmon into medium sized dice and combine with prawns, tomato, puree and Tabasco sauce. Season with black pepper and very lightly with salt.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 4 x 15cm/6” disc and 4 x 10cm/ 4” discs. (You will have to re roll pastry to achieve this.)
- Divide the salmon mixture between the large pastry discs and spread evenly over pastry leaving a good border all round.
- Brush borders with beaten egg and lay the smaller circles of pastry over top of filling, then pinch up the borders all round to seal in filling. Make a small steam hole in top of each pie and brush again with beaten egg.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until pastry golden brown.